Creamsicle Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tseros7768

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, i just bought a decent sized molly and im positive shes pregnant. ive had previous mollies with fry but never in a breeder box. She is new to my tank and she is in a decent sized breeder. She is plump but how can i tell when she is VERY close to birth? I intend on raising the fry but how long should she be in the box?
Thanks,
Tommy

Of you can post a picture of her we can help wih when she's about to give, but when she is about to give she will have a squared out chest. When he is birthing you can see her vent open( anal hole area)

here u go

Attachments

• 100_1365.jpg
    100_1365.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_1368.jpg
    100_1368.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_1369.jpg
    100_1369.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 129
Don't keep her in a breeder box for too long. The boxes tend to stress them out. Only leave her in there for a day or 2 at a time and then let her out to swim around for awhile. If you have enough plants (real or silk) in the tank, the fry will be able to hide and you won't need the breeder box anyways.
EDIT: She doesn't look very close yet. Let her out into the tank for awhile. She looks to me like she is weeks away.

She has awhile to go, not even very gravid. Angel is right, she would only be in there for a night or so. Plants always help. If you want to know how to raise fry see the thread in my signature.

thanks guys, i have her with my regular tank now. How many weeks away do u believe she will be?

Back
Top Bottom