Cross breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can you cross breed a endler guppy with a cobra? I'm just interested because I want both in one tank & I wondered if they'll ever breed.

They probably could breed successfully? I'm tempted to!

By breeding a endler and a common guppy you ruin the pure strain of endlers, therefore producing hybrids. It's not advised and most shops will not take them and they will ruin the strain. Endlers are endangered in the wild so most people avoid doing it.

They might be dull because that is what usually happens with hybrids. They might be really colourful on tye other hand.

Please don't the cobra is already an Endler/guppy hybrid. See above about the inadvisability of diluting Endler bloodlines.

You guys are assuming that they are starting out with a pure endler strain to begin with, which is not likely considering it's being called an 'endler guppy'. So if a person is to take on the moral effort to continue/multiply a particular species then it'd be smart to start with known pure bloodlines.

Also, this thread is 4 months old.

Back
Top Bottom