CRUELLA Preggo again :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Cruella is quite preggo again... :) She's quite puffed out in the chest.. Guess she decide to use her stored deposits from Cesar a few months ago... Her last batch is 7 wks old.. Most were eaten so I'll probably move her to a 10g birthing tank soon...

ocminpin said:
Cruella is quite preggo again... :) She's quite puffed out in the chest.. Guess she decide to use her stored deposits from Cesar a few months ago... Her last batch is 7 wks old.. Most were eaten so I'll probably move her to a 10g birthing tank soon...

My god how much stuff did she store from him?????

Maybe she was just saving it? Haha I wanna see pics of your fishie! It's gotta be so cute ^^

boadams87 said:
My god how much stuff did she store from him?????

LOL! well he died in Jan... After she was already preg with last batch... I have 6 females that were in contact with him. (ALL of em)
They seem to be showing pregnancy signs and then thinning out.. Could be not getting that big and giving birth and the betta is doing a lot of munching? Maybe...
Cruella on other hand is pretty big.. And Angel, my "baby" is too...

I hope Cruella holds out for me this time.. There are SO many mouths in that tank now.... I may move her into her own 10g soon. Will watch her closely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven checked for babies in my little gals birthing box, she's been hangin, I think she likes not being pestered by the other fish ^^

alia258 said:
I still haven checked for babies in my little gals birthing box, she's been hangin, I think she likes not being pestered by the other fish ^^

That could be likely :) I've never tried a birthing box, only researched them. I usually watch for fry and move them during birth or move mom to birthing tank..

Best I could do in a rush at feeding frenzy time!

Anddddd we're square!

image-1228107821.jpg

Edit: I moved her to bare bottom 10g with rock decoration, cave and fake plant... If I'm lucky she will give birth soon and won't have to be in there a week..
This time she's staying in there until she births.., last time I moved her back to main tank and she gave birth overnight and I lost all but one.
There are 5 hungry mollies and munchy betta in the main tank that make survival 99.9% impossible.

Yeah community tanks are hard to breed fish in! I know your pain!

My female has gotten very mellow too. She wont swim around and her gravid spot has gotten very very black to the point where I can't see the babies separate eyes anymore. That means she's close right?! Just a question, but does your fish have fin rot or is it because of other fish eating the tail?

I know a good way to fix that! Get StressCoat+, because in small doses it acts as a dechlorinater and slime replacer, and in higher doses it acts as a fin and scare repair medication, and when you use it the slime relaxes the fish, and it has aloe in it! ^^ (I can't believe that I forgot to tell you this before, but I told you now!) :D :) ;) :p ;P

alia258 said:
My female has gotten very mellow too. She wont swim around and her gravid spot has gotten very very black to the point where I can't see the babies separate eyes anymore. That means she's close right?! Just a question, but does your fish have fin rot or is it because of other fish eating the tail?

No fin rot! LOL.. LOOK REALLY CLOSELY and you'll see parts of her fins are CLEAR... Black, white, clear and gold/orange...
Some of her babies develop orange splotches randomly..

Oh I couldnt tell! I've never seen a fish with a partly clear tail, mine have all the way clear tails, so I get paranoid and check every day that they're still attached because it wouldn't be oblivious! (now, why exactly did I tell you all of that??? Eh, it's alright, doesn't hurt ya) sorry bout the confusion with your fishies tail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom