Culturing infusoria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackwagon

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Inmy quest to breed tiger barbs I know I'm going to need to culture some infusoria. I just wanted to know the cheapest/simplest/ and quickest way to do this.

get a quart jar or something close. put one large lettuce leaf in it and fill with water. let set for at least 3 days . the water will turn cloudy and then you feed them this water not the lettuce . then when they are large enough feed them bbs

My method is: boil a chunk of potato or banana. Place it in a jar , leave the lid off and leave it on a window ledge. After about 2-7 days it will turn cloudy, take out the potato, banana etc and feed them the infusoria.

I tried the banana method and I think it worked ok. My question is though how long is the infusoria viable? As in, how long does it last?

Sorry, but I don't know what infusoria is. Could someone please explain.

Mayanearth said:
Sorry, but I don't know what infusoria is. Could someone please explain.

Infusoria is a collection of bacteria an other organisms that are fed to very small fry. These organisms are "cultured" or grown from doing several different methods.

Sorry to get off topic, but could I feed my guppy fry this food?

Mayanearth said:
Sorry to get off topic, but could I feed my guppy fry this food?

You can feed them crushed flake food. I'm thinking infusoria may be to small for them.

Back
Top Bottom