Dalmatian Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jenjen1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

So this morning I woke up there were 7 new members in my tank. Kind of excited that one of my mollies gave birth but she didn't make it through and died. :/ I had just gotten my mollies on saturday and I guess they gave me a pregnant one.

I managed to separate the fry from the adult fish. I have 3 other dalmatian and a couple glo-lite tetra. I made a temporary breeding net to keep them in there while I can get a much sturdier . My question is if they need special care, like food or anything? Its my first time having an aquarium and would like all advice possible.
Thank you

For the food, all you have to do is crush up flake food until it's like a powder. Feed them twice to three times a day. If you're going to get a small tank for them, make sure you have a heater, and a sponge filter. A sponge filter is just a regular filer, but with a spongy like material on it. I use spongy hair band material.

More variety of food, the faster they will grow. I feed mine crushed up flakes JN the morning, frozen blood worms when I get home, and frozen brine shrimp before I go to bed.

My balloon molly is currently giving birth right now:)

I crushed their food which they don't seem to like. I will be buying them different variety and I hope that they grow. I now found 9 little frys

They will like it, don't worry. When were they born?

Whoops I see now. They will live on their egg sack for about 3 days, or less. Then they will go CRAZY after the food!!!

Yeah, I just added some food and most went a little crazy. It seams as if one didn't make it since its just laying at the bottom and I didn't see movement from it. I will check in the morning again.

Back
Top Bottom