dalmatian molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catfishkid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, so I'm a new fish owner and I've recently discovered some fry in my tank. I recently got a new Dalmatian Lyretail Molly and when I first bought her she looked chubby. I now realize that she must have been pregnant. I found 3 babies so far, but I have no idea how to care for fry. Help would be much appreciated!

I have a 20 gallon freshwater tank with:
2 Julii Cory Catfish
3 Zebra Danios
2 Adult Molllies
A lot of snails.

Make sure there's plenty places to hide or even better if you have another tank you can put them in, also if the adults have plenty food they tend to leave the fry alone :)

I would leave them in the tank and just make sure the adults are fed well. When I first got mollies my two girls had fry and ate them. I was only feeding once a day and very little because I was afraid of over feeding. I took another members advice and started feeding three times a day just as much as they could eat in a few minutes. now most of the fry live. Of course that causes other problems. Luckily I have a store that takes the extra.

Back
Top Bottom