Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
00steppie00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 102
Dalmatian Molly pregnant?

I got her 3 days ago. Is she pregnant?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130220_231517.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	153919



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130220_231617.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	153920
__________________

__________________
00steppie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AngelFishGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 880
Looks to be, but not close to giving birth.

Do you have a breeding net? Or place for your fry?
__________________

__________________
I may be a little TOO obsessed with my angels...
AngelFishGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
CrawleyFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5
I had a Molly that just gave birth, and she definitely looked as bloated as yours. Bloating could be from over eating, but she just might be!
__________________
CrawleyFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
00steppie00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 102
How many do they usually have? What should I watch for and will my other fish leave them alone? I have a female Molly and a male Molly and 3 neon tetras.
__________________
00steppie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
00steppie00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFishGirl View Post
Looks to be, but not close to giving birth.

Do you have a breeding net? Or place for your fry?
I do have a 1.5 gallon tank I could set up. But my tank has quite a vew places to hide so I figured I would let them stay in there.
__________________
00steppie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,432
She looks pregnant. My Dalmatian Molly gave birth last week. She will get really square looking towards the end of her pregnancy. Don't expect many fry to survive if you leave them in the tank with adult fish. I only have two mollies and they had eaten all but two fry by the time I noticed them. They hunted them down like lions after prey. I set up a make shift breeding net out of a plastic food container and have it floating in my tank. The adults are still trying to get to the fry.
__________________
wildroseofky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
00steppie00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildroseofky View Post
She looks pregnant. My Dalmatian Molly gave birth last week. She will get really square looking towards the end of her pregnancy. Don't expect many fry to survive if you leave them in the tank with adult fish. I only have two mollies and they had eaten all but two fry by the time I noticed them. They hunted them down like lions after prey. I set up a make shift breeding net out of a plastic food container and have it floating in my tank. The adults are still trying to get to the fry.
I will set up my little tank for them. Is it best to put her in there to have them or wait and put them in there after?
__________________
00steppie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
00steppie00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 102
She has had 16 all dead.
__________________
00steppie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:05 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
roydesilva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 171
It most likely the stress of moving into a new tank She should be fine
__________________
roydesilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
00steppie00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by roydesilva View Post
It most likely the stress of moving into a new tank She should be fine
Okay good I was worried. Thank you!
__________________
00steppie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00steppie00 View Post
I got her 3 days ago. Is she pregnant?

Attachment 153919



Attachment 153920
If you want to know, be very quick with this , take the fish you think is pregnant out and shine a torch through it, look on the other side and you will see fry shapes if she is hope this helps
__________________
Mitchafishaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
AngelFishGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchafishaboo View Post
If you want to know, be very quick with this , take the fish you think is pregnant out and shine a torch through it, look on the other side and you will see fry shapes if she is hope this helps
I've never heard of this working for a Dalmatian or a black molly. I could be wrong though
__________________

__________________
I may be a little TOO obsessed with my angels...
AngelFishGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dalmatian molly, molly, pregnant

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners







All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.