Dalmatian Molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a Molly that just gave birth, and she definitely looked as bloated as yours. Bloating could be from over eating, but she just might be!

How many do they usually have? What should I watch for and will my other fish leave them alone? I have a female Molly and a male Molly and 3 neon tetras.

Looks to be, but not close to giving birth.

Do you have a breeding net? Or place for your fry?

I do have a 1.5 gallon tank I could set up. But my tank has quite a vew places to hide so I figured I would let them stay in there.

She looks pregnant. My Dalmatian Molly gave birth last week. She will get really square looking towards the end of her pregnancy. Don't expect many fry to survive if you leave them in the tank with adult fish. I only have two mollies and they had eaten all but two fry by the time I noticed them. They hunted them down like lions after prey. I set up a make shift breeding net out of a plastic food container and have it floating in my tank. The adults are still trying to get to the fry.

She looks pregnant. My Dalmatian Molly gave birth last week. She will get really square looking towards the end of her pregnancy. Don't expect many fry to survive if you leave them in the tank with adult fish. I only have two mollies and they had eaten all but two fry by the time I noticed them. They hunted them down like lions after prey. I set up a make shift breeding net out of a plastic food container and have it floating in my tank. The adults are still trying to get to the fry.

I will set up my little tank for them. Is it best to put her in there to have them or wait and put them in there after?

It most likely the stress of moving into a new tank She should be fine

If you want to know, be very quick with this , take the fish you think is pregnant out and shine a torch through it, look on the other side and you will see fry shapes if she is hope this helps

I've never heard of this working for a Dalmatian or a black molly. I could be wrong though

Back
Top Bottom