Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richriley

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do I tell if there male or female there only small at the min do they have to be fully grown to start mating?

usually when they get to a good size lets say maybe around 3 months is when you can tell the females will be rounder in the belly while males are slimmer and danios I think anywhere btw 6 - 12 months till they are mature enough to mate. which is something unless you rig up you wont see. you have to put them in a small filtered tank that has marbles at the bottom with fake/ or live plants at the bottom and the rest of the space filled with moss leaving only a small portion for them to swim in. this is because they love caviar a little to much. I think they are just so excited and high energy that they just eat the eggs. and when you do get fry they take a while to grow that is why I have the danios in a 30g but I breed them in a 1g or 10g depending on how many eggs I want to go for.

Okay thanks great bit of advice there helped me a lot just by reading

any time and when you do decided to breed them make sure you have plans for all those fry in the end when they are grown.

What kind of danios. I just bred some celestial pearl danios.

Awh! Yep I remember when mine were that small. They are this size now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399063987.066688.jpg

That's a 10 gal. And the white blurs are them. We've even got a leopard from the zebra parents!

Back
Top Bottom