Deformed molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I'm new to this forum so I'm not really sure how this works, but I have one ten gallon tank and one three gallon. They're both fully cycled and I've had the ten gallon for about a year now. There's one fish in the three gallon- a male balloon molly who I had to separate because my mollies were breeding. My female molly has given birth about four times, the first time in July. I still have two fish from her first birth (I've given all the others away) and they are both deformed. I can tell one of them is a female, but I can't tell for the other one. I really can't have them breeding again so can someone please tell me what sex they think it is (see attatched pic) Thanks!

Attachments

• Phone pics 577.jpg
    Phone pics 577.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 157
That one is a male. Although I would recommend euthanizing the fish so you don't spread the deformed species.

Thanks so much. I think what I'll do is put the fish in my other tank with the male balloon molly.

That one is a male. Although I would recommend euthanizing the fish so you don't spread the deformed species.

+1 You don't want to breed a deformed fish but if you have a tank that you don't have females in or you are not planning on using for breeding he should do alright.

Back
Top Bottom