Desparate for answers. Preg dying molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kellytucker4934

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am stumped. I have an orange molly. She is very pregnant. About 4 days ago she began struggling to swim. Other than that, she looks very healthy, no parasites, fungus...I would like to know if anyone knows how to induce a mollies birth, because I am afraid she is dying. I have her in a breeding container at night so I might be able to save as many fry as possible. Is it silly to very very gently rub her sides (belly) downward? The tank is already set at proper temp, yesterday did a 25% water change, and so forth. Please no answers that say "let nature take its course, and do nothing lol" I would like some REAL inducing ideas. I believe I am working on limited time here.
Thanks all.

We had a nitrate issue in our tank and our pregnant Molly had similar issues. We moved her to a new tank and she had the fry that night. We put a floating plant in the tank then moved the fry to a breeding net the next morning. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom