Dividers !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GorJess

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I need to make a divider for my tank like yesterday... Lol.
I have googled and you tubed and everything else.... Now I understand you guys use plastic mesh.. I went to hardware store today (im in the land down under ... australia) and they don't have any plastic mesh that will be suitable ..
All the mesh have holes about 5cms/1inch wife. Not good for fry!
So can I use a fibreglass fly screen?? Can I use aluminum? I'm worried about aluminum rusting and worried about fibreglass 1. Dissolving and rotting away with water and 2. Chemicals..
Someone please give me some advice I'm getting a fish Tomoro that cannot be
With my other fish so I need a divider

I'm guessing you are using this to separate guppy fry? If the tank is big enough and there is enough cover to hide in you should have plenty of fry make it without a divider, otherwise try those websites.

Use a plastic sweater box. Drill holes large enough for fry to get through and wedge it into the tank. I drill holes in the bottom and side and use styrofoam to make it float. I put my females in the box and all the fry fall out. I then put the females back in thier own tank. Plastic kitchen strainer works as well.

Back
Top Bottom