Do you think she is pregnant ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy Cow! With all of the fry your fish are dropping your gonna need a 150 gallon tank, lol!

I know lol we already have 4 tanks thought going to need a bigger house

Lol, you'll have to upgrade because you have to many tanks.

The platys fry is tiny, about half the size of the baby swords. I was wondering if they will be ok in the tank with the swords or would the swords eat them ?

Depends if there is now big size difference, no they won't eat them. If they're obviously bigger than yes. Like once i placed a month old swordtail fry with newly born fry And they were fine together. And wow congrats on all the babies! The most my swordtails ever had was 7 fry :( v1 in which survived to adulthood. That's probably because didn't feed them live brine shrimp but fry food. Better survival rate i assume. Hope I helped somewhat! :)

-Dylan

If they are that small then yes, they will eat them. You could always get a tank divider and divide off a small portion for the fry.

Thanks Dylan and guppy I think I might leave them in our little birthing tank for around a week and then put them in with the swords. The swords are 3 weeks and 2 days old now and seem happy with the new tank lol.

I changed my mind lol. I moved them in their breeding net with the swords and realised there wasn't much of a size difference so I let them loose in the tank :). You can tell which are which fish in the picture !

Attachments

• image-355187686.jpg
    image-355187686.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image-3841953864.jpg
    image-3841953864.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 110
aw. very cute! makes me want to go pick up a couple of swordtails for my community tank! :)

-Dylan

They r loverly will be sad to sell them but we don't have the space for them, I just hope the other half doesn't decide he wants another new tank haha

We have a Siamese fry lol there are 2 which are connected at the belly.

Attachments

• image-248466804.jpg
    image-248466804.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 112
Siamese one will probably die :/ although its is kind of funny lol.

It is. Still make sure he gets the most food! Lol

-Dylan

Sadly the Siamese fry didn't make it lol I didn't think it would. It's going to the fishy graveyard (down the toilet lol).

I think that's pretty common. The livebreeders I used to keep I saw fry without tails and some other stillbirths. But this only happened on the first round of births, every other time all fry seemed perfect. I thought it might be because the first sperm the female used was from a close relative so the genetics were messed up.

Dude1982 said:
Sadly the Siamese fry didn't make it lol I didn't think it would. It's going to the fishy graveyard (down the toilet lol).

NOOOOO!

-Dylan

Back
Top Bottom