Dwarf Gouarmi's built a bubble nest...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shetland James

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went away for a week and a half and I came back to see that my male gourami, in a tank on his own, has constructed a good bubble nest.

I'd been waiting months to get females in and the shop finally had them so I bought one yesterday and put it in the tank. I know that I'm supposed to put the female in first so that the male doesn't kill her while defending his territory, but I was willing to see what happened.

He chased her around a bit, threw out his feelers and then got back to building his bubble nest.

What kind of behavior will I see if I know that he wants to breed and not kill? He's been swimming in front of her and then going under her and almost swimming completely horizontally. Positive?

That sounds like he is trying to get her to cooperate. If she is not conditioned and ready to breed he my turn on her as he is ready. He will try and get her under his nest and then will almost wrap himself around her. It is quite interesting to see.

Back
Top Bottom