Dwarf gourami breeding tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DwarfGouramiCrazy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!! About two weeks ago, I bought 2 dwarf gouramis, a male and female, to be the highlight fish in my 55 gallon. A few days after I got them, the male started to build a bubble nest. I would have been perfectly fine with it, but since there was too much surface movement in my tank, he decided to build it underneath my breeding net, which would result with the net tipping over and setting all the fry free and the bubble nest to pour out. After I had had them for a week, he rebuilt his nest for about the fifteenth time, and layed eggs in it with the female. None of the eggs ended up hatching, so a few days later I took out the breeder net. The male would pace the tank all confused, and would not rebuild his nest anywhere else. A couple days ago I bought a peice of cork bark, boiled it, attached some suction cups and stuck it right where the net used to be. The next morning, there was a centimetre thick bubble nest underneath it. I dont think they will lay more eggs anytime soon, but I was hoping to get some tips for next time they do. And YES, I know that the fry will not survive in a community tank, so dont get angry about that... I understand it.

Back
Top Bottom