Dwarf gournami "female problems"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edvinne

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys,, so I really want to breed dwarf gournami!! I think I'm doing everything right but my fish just don't want to pair up?.. I've got a 29 gallon with 2 sponge filters, well cycled... Got many java ferns, java moss, a few amazon swords... I keep the temperature at 80 degrees and the ph is 6.5... I've dropped the water level to 20 cm and slowly filling it quite a few times, but my female keeps hiding and my male isn't even building a nest?... I feed them blood worms 2 times a day... I've had them about 3 months now?.. Sould I replace them?? Or keep on trying?? Getting frustrated!!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could try adding more females to entice him. Sometimes males are picky over which girl they want ;)

Caleb

Lol ya but its really hard getting females!!?

Hi!! Thx but I live in South Afica?

Are you keeping the water level low?
The air filters should barely do anything at all IMO .
I lower my water for my pearls to just below the top of the sponge filter output.
Calm still water,floating plants..
Must look very closely to see what is going on...
Tell us more about the tank set up...

Hi,, I raise the level slowly each 2nd day... till full and repeat.. I have lots of ornament hiding places, like a sunken boat and scull with plants growing through it... Eco complete substrate... DIY CO2.... java moss on a few rocks and marsilea minuta as carpeting... ( I removed a submersible filter because of water flow and bought 2 sponge filters)

Thx,, lots of reading but will do ???

Ok,, so something I don't understand?.. Do I have to take out the sponge filters and put in air stones once the fry is born? And I have to cover the tank with wrap so the lay.... organ thingie can develop, when is it developed?.. and when can I start doing water changes? And can I leave the CO2 in or must I replace it with seachem excel?

Back
Top Bottom