Easy fish to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I just love breeding my betta fish but they grow soooooo slowly... There's only so much patience I have :D
I mean... I am patient but not 6 month kind of patient lol.
Something with nice fins and stuff that grows fast and possibly makes a profit??
I still need a bigger tank but just some ideas and tank sizes for them :D

How much do they sell for?

That's a difficult question because there are tons of livebearer species and strains. Some are hard to give away and others fetch a high price, it's just a matter of learning which species or strains to work with. Basic feeder guppies are a dime a dozen but some of the more fancy strains can go for $15-20 a trio.

Start researching, google will give you a really good start. You can also check around to various auction sites to see what different things are going for to get an idea as well.

My Mystery snails have started breeding.... I didn't change the water temp at all... well, the power went out and it got a little cold, then warm again... but that's all. LOL

Also, the Malaysian Trumpet snails are live bearers, and they'll breed to what your tank needs without breeding you out of your home.

I breed feeder guppies and all you need to do is have a ratio of like 3 f: 1 m and they'll take off. :)

I would agree that livebearers would be your best bet. In a heated aquarium on a superb diet, they will grow quiet fast. Anything like guppies, platies, mollies, killifish, and many others.

Back
Top Bottom