Effective Gourami breeding + bubble nest managment? [Pics inc.]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shetland James

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I have a Gourami tank with two dwarf's (m + f) and the male has rebuilt his bubble nest [black splodge on the front left]:

What should I now be doing? I've heard about lowering the water temperature? What about feeding?

Also, is my female ready?

Cheers!

Yes i would say your female is ready, as for the bubble nest i am not formiluar with this breed but im guessing its the same as a betta. Just watch out for the nest when feeding. Hope this helps
Cichlidlife

Ok for the second time he's let his bubble nest fall into disrepair. What's going on?

There is a very distinct possibility of that. Thing is though, he kept one around when he was on his own... so who knows. Female is definitely more round every day. She was looking exceptionally plump this morning.

I've been keeping them on a diet of some flake and live/frozen BW.

Hopefully that's all it is. You'd have to watch them closely to see if they are actually mating at some point, but the process takes a while so its hard to miss if you keep checking on them.

Would the fact that our washing machine is in the room below the tank affect the bubble nest? He'd obviously get stressed with the vibrations. Should I move the tank?

Back
Top Bottom