Efficient breeding method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GNAAAR

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently I have 2 ten gallon tanks set up and I have 2 breeding box things. Is there an fast way for me to breed both my guppies and mollies because it has been a very slow process for me and I want to save up for a bigger tank soon. Does anyone has helpful information I would be very grateful.

Mine have just bred without me taking much interest but I'd say I've had better growth with larger tanks and regular feeding / water changes.

Make them feel safe and comfortable and they (at least the guppies) will give you more babies than you can handle.

How many of each, and each sex, do you have?

I think the real question is how many males and females of each do you have? Guppies and Mollies tend to breed nearly constantly. They still need to be fairly content though. Overstocked or underfed, etc...will likely slow the process down.

Make them feel safe and comfortable and they (at least the guppies) will give you more babies than you can handle.

How many of each, and each sex, do you have?

I have about 40 right now but I'm about to sell again and will only be keeping about 3 males and 6 females in my 10 gallon

That sounds really overstocked tbh, especially for mollies, that can cause poor breeding production

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That sounds really overstocked tbh, especially for mollies, that can cause poor breeding production

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm selling most right now, it usually isn't that crowded but I had to move them from another tank when it had a heater malfunction which caused the water to litterally cook some of the fish. It will be normal stocking by Sunday when I finally get everything re set up in their old tank. Also all the fish tend to stay in one corner and leave the other 80 percent of the tank unoccupied

I have about 40 right now but I'm about to sell again and will only be keeping about 3 males and 6 females in my 10 gallon
How many of those are mature adults? By the time my fry get three weeks old, I'm doing water changes twice a week to keep things stable, and that's in my 29 gallon.

A good ratio for guppies is 3:1 F:M.

all the fish tend to stay in one corner and leave the other 80 percent of the tank unoccupied

That's actually a bad sign. It means they don't feel safe. Do they have lots of hiding spots?

How many of those are mature adults? By the time my fry get three weeks old, I'm doing water changes twice a week to keep things stable, and that's in my 29 gallon.

A good ratio for guppies is 3:1 F:M.

That's actually a bad sign. It means they don't feel safe. Do they have lots of hiding spots?

Ya they have quite a few hiding spots. also there are about 30 mature adults in that specific tank ready to sell, most of my fry are in a different tank.

In a 10 gallon? I'm speechless.

There was an accident and i had to move most of my guppies to my ten while I try to sell them. The heater in another tank malfunction and made the tank really hot so I'm going to be selling them probably on Sunday at the latest. I really don't like overstocking my tanks beleive me.

What you are doing is inhumane.

Any further participation in this thread will violate the forum's courtesy policy, so I'm muting it.

I'm trying to sell all but a few because I know it's overstocked. My heater in my bigger tank malfunctioned and the heat went up way into the 80s and I'm already trying to confirm a date with the pet store so I can bring the guppies in to them.

I hate overstocking and I usually have extra space over the recommended. It was an error that I didn't see coming. I'm sorry but I'm trying as hard as I can to fix this.

Back
Top Bottom