Electric Blue Breeding Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BK,

The more I look at my fish the more I'm confused on how big they are. Ha.

I would say the smallest of the 2 EBJD's is prob about 3 inches, and the larger one perhaps 3.25"-3.5".

Do you recommend the 1"ers or the 1/2"ers?

How fast will those 1"ers grow? I am going to assume mine are male, so Can you tell if your BGJD's are female?

Ya start doing your research on shipping. I will be out of town next week so we have some time for planning and what not.

I was thinking Paypal? Set up a thing on Ebay or something? I can do mail you a check. Whatever works.

Yes I should be able to rehome the extras if you decide to send them.

The tank is 90 gallons. and I got the 2 EBJD's so what you think...

4 Female BGJD's

or

6 Female BGJD's

You are the one that has paired them off ha Im new at this.

Thanks

Well...what I was thinking! Since I'm not sure I'll be able to pick out females...I was thinking send you 10(that i hope are females) and you pay the shipping and whatever you suppose its worth to you...given this be kind of a trial run on my end

Holy crap. I donno if I need 10... I was thinking like 6 at the most.

I guess I can always take them out though.

Mine usually take 6-8 months or so before they really mature and hit that color / growth spurt. I have 7 or 8 bgjd that are about 6 weeks currently, debating on trading them for another line of bg., the last batch I got didn't have any bg females in it.

BK,

What have you found out about shipping and what not. I am back in town now for a couple weeks then will be out of town for a month lol.

Let me know what you find out. I think its time to introduce some ladies to my boys.

Thanks.

48287-albums2639-picture34667.jpg
Three Months old

Alright. Well after lots of consideration I have come to a conclusion.

I am going to start two tanks. 1 with my first two EBJD's hopefully breeding with a regular JD.

My second tank with the 4 small EBJD's from a different line breeding with a BGJD.

Then crossing the fry from those two together EBJD x BGJD! Thus hopefully producing fry from parents of a EBJD x JD and EBJD x BGJD. Thus producing fry that are strong because they have both JD genes.

Meaning that my final breeding pair being non related and BGJD x EBJD.

I think im on the right track here in producing great lines.

Any advice or thoughts?

48287-albums2639-picture34820.jpg

All my fish now. 2 Bala Sharks, 2 Tigar Barbs, 1 Retail Shark 2 EBJD's at about 3.5 Months old and 4 EBJD's at about 2 Weeks old. (Time I have had them)

Back
Top Bottom