Emergency!!!! Pregnant Guppy!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DolphinMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a female guppy, and I was wondering if she is pregnant? If she is, how much longer?? Also is isn't really that active. She is just staying in one spot.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409798569.236999.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409798584.615661.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409798595.198312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any one there?????

When you first notice that she's pregnant, it could take 3 to 4 weeks until she actually gives birth. It looks like she still has a few weeks left before releasing the fry. Keep her eating and keep her stress free.

When she gets really fat, move her to an isolation tank with a breeding net if you want to keep all the fry. Otherwise leave her in the community tank but risk the fry getting eaten by her and other fish. If you have hiding places, they'll have a better chance of not getting eaten by hungry fish.

Feed the guppy fry small crushed flakes and brine shrimp. They have smaller mouths and need a smaller food source. If you want to raise them without worrying about them getting eaten, get a separate tank for them.

If this constitutes an emergency then you are about to have allot of emergencies. guppies breed more often than any other fish I know. You don't need to do a single thing they will take care of it and you will eventually be over run with guppies.

Its has been about a week since I got her, and she still looks the same! Could she maybe not be pregnant at all?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410055473.036033.jpg

She looks more boxed than before, but not quiet ready. Perhaps another week...keep hangin' in. ?

Sorry for all of the questions?, but should her gravid spot be bigger and darker?

Guess what!!! She starting to square off!! How long do I have left??

She's prego. You can see a difference between the two photos or your feeding way to much.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I don't think she is, her gravid spot is clear, she must have just had them

Nvm, I take that back, but you can tell when she is about have them, cuz her gravid spot gets really dark and you can see the heads of the fry

Back
Top Bottom