Endler Livebearer Gave Birth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxRho

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my Endler gave birth in the tank with everyone else (the rest of the Endlers and kuhlis) there is a sponge filter and java moss + some other hiding spots. I didn't realize she was that close… is that because it was her first pregnancy? I don't want this to happen again…

I'll try to get some when I finish Uni today.

She looked fine/pregnant but not like she was ready to give birth but she did and there are little babies swimming around so she would have given birth about 1-8hrs (some time when I was in bed to when I got up) before I noticed the fry.

Before I left I made sure the adults/juvies were fed so I'm hoping they don't go after the fry and my kuhlis were fed too.

Just to make sure it's clear there are males and females and I do want them to breed I just don't want them to give birth when they are amongst everyone else unless it's safe/okay to do so.

Totally understand and I think more people are against male guppy to female endler not male endler to female guppy. In my opinion they are your fish do what you want and honestly the guppy gene pool could use a little diluting. Endlers on the other hand are starting to go the way of the guppy people are breeding them for color and eventually be totally different then their wild counter parts. But that's just me lol ill check back to see the pics.

image-442361741.jpg

image-2652185530.jpg

They are supposed to be pure Endlers but she was really hard to photograph with my phone so I'm sorry about the quality of the pics. This is her the same day but well after she gave birth. She had at least 5 maybe a few more but there are 4 alive (I finally managed to net the fry so they are hanging with the juvie kuhli loaches at present).

They are supposed to be pure Endlers but she was really hard to photograph with my phone so I'm sorry about the quality of the pics. This is her the same day but well after she gave birth. She had at least 5 maybe a few more but there are 4 alive (I finally managed to net the fry so they are hanging with the juvie kuhli loaches at present).

Her dark spot looks pretty dark so she could've been pretty pregnant. Always look for that dark spot on livebearers. That dark spot are babies and the bigger it gets, the closer she gets to giving birth. What put class is it? Can you get a pic of the males?

Sorry I didn't realize someone had replied to the thread!

I'm not sure what class they are.
(I'm newish to owning Endlers)

I have photos of some on my phone but they are under 6 months old and the picture quality isn't the best so their colours aren't as impressive as they could be...

Do you still want me to post them?

Back
Top Bottom