fantail fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know where you are from, so i can't say that's the exact price. But in my area, at my local petsmart, that's how much I got it for. I'm sure they would be a bit more costly at an LFS. The pantyhose method would probably be cheaper if you want to go with that instead

:fish2:whats new? well i lost a few cos of my home made filter mods so down to 5 of the first batch :-( ,but their doing well running round like mad ones at 28/29 days old. but im learning more all the time! last monday they had some more and ive 20 fry in another tank at mo and learnt by my mistakes this time so happy days at the minute:fish2:

Still alive,although only 3 survived from original batch that are now just short of 2 month old and somewhere between the plants I know have 14 fry at about 5 week old.

DSC_0026-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20130416_143711.jpg

I think you'll find better success if you forget about the HOB (modified or not) and just use sponge filters at first. Once the fry have gotten large enough, then go to the HOB with the pre-filter sponge. ( Sorry if this is a repeat from an earlier post. ) Since goldfish need a large amount of feedings, water changes will be your best friend over better filtration. Also, since sponge filters contain the benefical Bacteria bed, they also hold infusoria cultures which are excellent food for your fry as a first food. You should see a higher survival rate if you just use sponge filters.

Hope this helps ;)

Back
Top Bottom