Fat molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomefazekas

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys i got a few Molly's and a Cory from the store yesterday and now on e of the mollies is really fat around her stomach so i want to know if they all look like this or if I should be looking for eggs in the next week

Hey guys i got a few Molly's and a Cory from the store yesterday and now on e of the mollies is really fat around her stomach so i want to know if they all look like this or if I should be looking for eggs in the next week
Hi firstly it looks more like a platy ? Maybe it's just the pic quality , and then the second thing and good news mollies and platys are live bearers so they will have babies not eggs,its really cool to watch too ;) If she is pregnant you will see her get a huge belly and it seems to flatten off on the bottom, then she will be ready to have her babies, if you don't want to keep them all make sure there are places for any babies who survive to hide ,

Good luck :)

Hi Awesome,

Mollies can have up to 8 sets of fry from ONE mating - last I heard! I raise mollies but do not try to separate the sexes. Soon I plan to separate the colors, so that they can start breeding true!

kitty2234

To me that looks like a platy. All it takes is a male and female to be in e same tank for a short period of time and she will be pregnant. Chances are most you buy are pregnant

Yup^

That's a platy, and if she has ever seen a male- she is probably pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom