Feeder guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I bought some feeder guppies just because I think they are pretty and I put them in my 10 gallon tank but I think one is pregnant. She's only about an inch long can she be pregnant? Or is it bloat?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427912948.876175.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427912978.457013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Will she be okay? She is small compared to my fancy females.

Will the fry be smaller than fancy fry?

The fry are actually pretty close to the same size, I've raised both. Fry feeding and care is the same as well. She's definitely prego. When she drops fry mark a calendar 28-29 days later and she will likely drop again. If I remember correctly they can actually hold sperm and reimpregnate themselves near immediately after giving birth. Those fry can get pregnant at a little over a month old and have their own fry by just over 2 months, sometimes sooner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The fry are actually pretty close to the same size, I've raised both. Fry feeding and care is the same as well. She's definitely prego. When she drops fry mark a calendar 28-29 days later and she will likely drop again. If I remember correctly they can actually hold sperm and reimpregnate themselves near immediately after giving birth. Those fry can get pregnant at a little over a month old and have their own fry by just over 2 months, sometimes sooner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup fry are the same size, but less of them.
As far as wild types being hardier its a double edged sword thing.
If they are properly imported/bred then yes they are sometimes hardier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought Ten over a year ago for our turtle tank as snacks, as of today have about 10 big female preggos, 8-15 smaller males, and when you look along the bottom rocks in a nice quiet corner, probbaly 40-60 tiny replacements always growing up lol.

Back
Top Bottom