Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Feeders n juvie convicts don't mix.

Just want to mention in case I'm not the only scatter brain that didn't know this, but I found out the hard way not to put my convict fry in with a small feeder with a constant need to eat. Didn't think it would eat the fry, but to my surprise, it did. Eat or be eaten I guess is it's theory. Good thing it only got one.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Is this normal?

Guess I just needed someone to validate what my small goldfish is doing. I thought they were herbivores, not everythingvores...

Old 04-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

I've found out that pretty much any fish will eat whatever as long as it fits in their mouth. With goldfish being the little piggies they are, I'm not surprised they ate your fry. Wait for the fry to grow out some more (at least bigger than the goldies' mouth) and move them over.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Piggy

Thanks Steve...I was even thinking of moving the goldie over to the 30 gal with 2 convicts, but am not sure if the med size male will pick on the gold fish.
Anyone think he or the small female will be aggressive towards the gold fish? They aren't breeding and at the pace they are going, not sure if they will ever.
Move the gold to the 30 or not??

Tags
convict, convicts, feeders

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com