Feeding guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shady3210

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello one of my female guppies gave birth today. We didn't find out till tonight so was only able to save 2. They are in a heavily planted 10 gallon with some snails. My question is what is the best way to feed them? I'd prefer something not live if possible.

I used a product thats like 3 stage feeding, so stage one has finely ground food, feels powder-like, thats best to start with, stage 2 is normally a finer type of flake which is given when they are a few weeks old and then 3rd stage flakes are still bigger (and I normally give that as well as brine shrimp, since that also helps with them growing faster.)

I raise endler's livebearers in a 30 gallon tank with a ridiculously thick growth of Najas. It's also my super red BN pleco breeding tank. I feed once daily with NLS Grow pellets or spirulina flake, and they all thrive, breed, and grow like weeds. If you want you can crush some flakes between your thumb and fingers when you feed them.

there is a powdered food called first bites its made by HIKARI. its the best fry food i have found that is not alive.

Thanks for the help will have to take a trip to the LFS. Both the little guys made it through the night and I threw some crushed up flake in there for them to nibble on but I would like something smaller so will check out these suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom