Female Betta not interested in male

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YoungGuppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I introduced my male to my new female (That's a bit smaller than he is).
He built a huge bubble nest. I put her in a clear cup, hes circling, flaring, obviously wanting to breed. But she just sits there, not interested at all.

I've been feeding them both freeze dried bloodworms and pellets.

Wondering if she's too young or I should find another female.. thoughts?

Mines like that until when she out of her cup she go straight under the nest

Okay I got a bigger female.

They are staring at each other through the glass. I've never seen vertical stripes before, does this mean she's ready? She doesn't look very 'plump'. How long should I wait before letting them with each other?

Here are pictures I just took.

Attachments

• image-3659710360.jpg
    image-3659710360.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 199
  • image-2006557412.jpg
    image-2006557412.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 153
Wait 2 week and feed her plenty. Don't just put her in and is she a crown tail?

Okay I will.

Yes she is, I went to 3 stores and couldn't find another breed of female. I was trying to get another veiltail, and next time I will.

Walmart always have big female as my Walmart is good and bad for taking care of their fish. I bought one betta there and it look pretty wild cause of the color is all bronze in a way. Good luck

Walmart always have big female as my Walmart is good and bad for taking care of their fish. I bought one betta there and it look pretty wild cause of the color is all bronze in a way. Good luck

Thank you.

My female is FAT with eggs already. Do I still wait a couple weeks or introduce them now?

Normally I know when to put my female in because she starts going crazy and is showing lots of interest in the male.
When I put her in it literally takes less then a minute for her to swim under the nest ^.^

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to introduce them tonight and see what happens. However her vertical lines went away and now they're horizontal. Is it because I just changed the water?

Attachments

• image-2213179010.jpg
    image-2213179010.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom