Female laying dead eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
One of my angelfish pair are on their 5th spawn. I have pulled their eggs, left their eggs to be parent-raised, and tried many other things. So far, only 1 fish has survived out of their many attempts. Yesterday, I came home to this pair doing "practice runs" on a leaf, with their breeding tubes completely down. When I walked up, they stopped....and came up to the top, as if hungry. So, I fed them. After eating, they began spawning. I noticed white particles in the water, and clinging to some of the eggs. After all the eggs were laid, the parents ate the white "things" in the water, and fanned the white material out from in between some of the eggs (it looked matted in between some eggs). A few eggs look half white, but 95% look normal. Questions:
1. Could this female be laying dead (already white) eggs?
2. Could this have happened because they were interrupted? (This has never happened before. She always has some eggs turn white, but it typically takes 24 hours at least).
3. Any other ideas about what this could be, or why it happened?

I wish I could post pictures....so I could show this white "stuff".

I know all about fungus! This is their 5th spawn, and I have other angelfish pair's spawning too! I'm saying this was COMING OUT of the female fish! Could fungus come out of her?

Back
Top Bottom