Filter for fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently acquired two guppies, one male, one female last week. And it seem as there are already four frys! Very interesting and unexpected.

They are currently in my 10 gallon tank, and I am deciding about switching filters.

I am currently running an aquaclear 20 on my 10 gallon and I am thinking about changing it to a sponge filter. Any opinion or thoughts?

At the moment, I have a sponge covering the intake of my filter.

I recently acquired two guppies, one male, one female last week. And it seem as there are already four frys! Very interesting and unexpected.

They are currently in my 10 gallon tank, and I am deciding about switching filters.

I am currently running an aquaclear 20 on my 10 gallon and I am thinking about changing it to a sponge filter. Any opinion or thoughts?

At the moment, I have a sponge covering the intake of my filter.
Hi, are the fry in the 10g on their own??. Can i ask why you are considering changing filters, is it because of the current??

The current is one issue, but I was just curious if the sponge filter is any more effective.
It's not any more effective, in fact the aquaclear would be more effective. The sponge filters don't create any current, so i would stick with your current set-up. Perfect in my opinion....
Also i'm sure you know already, but you should up the m/f ratio to 3f/1m....

It's not any more effective, in fact the aquaclear would be more effective. The sponge filters don't create any current, so i would stick with your current set-up. Perfect in my opinion....
Also i'm sure you know already, but you should up the m/f ratio to 3f/1m....

Thanks!

Yeah, I was planning to get a new female guppy today or tomorrow.

Thanks! What do you normally do with the fry?
I've just started a small guppy breeding project for my lfs. I have a 10g with 6f/2m. It's nothing big, i just trade the fry for store credit. He sells about 100 guppies a month, so he'll take whatever i can supply. Anyway i currently have 50 fry. I use this, it's basically a 2.5ltr plastic box(available from most lfs). I attach it inside my 55g with a set of algae magnets...
I use a nail, heat it up with a lighter and make some small holes in it for some circulation...

Attachments

• $T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPtqBQeRzoI9)w~~60_35.jpg
    $T2eC16ZHJGIE9nnWrPtqBQeRzoI9)w~~60_35.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom