Finally baby farlowella (twig catfish)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaAussie

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I posted a while back about my male and female Farlowella laying eggs. It seems that the first half dozen to dozen batches were unfertilized. So a couple months ago I had moved the tank to a new area with a new temperature gauge on the front right and a new bar filter next to that that makes more current from one end of the tank.

The male has made a great spawning site next to this bar behind the temp strip. Also there is a night light down on the floor near this end of the tank. Aparantly that's ideal for farlowella as they spawn at night and I tiny but of light helps. So anyway they started spawning fertile batches of eggs and they hatched to fry but as the tank has other fish they get eaten I assume soon after I see them in the tank.

So what I did this time was have a new tank ready set up in another room with shrimp and fire ember tetras and I scraped the eggs off the glass with a razor when I saw the first one hatch and threw then all in. They all then hatched within 15minutes and it was the coolest fish birth I've had yet.

These have got to be the coolest most underrated catfish and algae eater.

hey so whats new? I saw this post after bringing home a little farlowella and now I am curious if you have survivors? IM me~ Lila

No I think the breeding female died by suiciding out on the filter tube. I have them in their own tank now as I'm trying to breed the discus and they don't lay anymore. I will need to get more.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom