finally I have guppy babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have about 4 that I have seen at this time. I have the mom in one breeder net and the babies in another. I don't exactly know what I am doing here so any info would be very helpful. My 3 boys are going to be so excited when they get hoome from school I can't wait to show them.

This is a little late, sorry. I feed my guppy fry crushed flake food and I don't seperate them from any of the fish. If you have plenty of hiding spots, they will survive. I have atleast 60 guppy's in my 28 gallon tank now. (Just a little over stocked. LOL). I don't use breeding nets or contrations, I just let nature take it's course. I had only 3 guppy's a year ago when I started this tank. I also feed them to other fish, so I have had PLENTY of fry in the mean time.

In all honestly, I find guppy's to be my favorite fish. You just never know what colors you are going to have from day to day as the fry grow up.

I hope all is going well.

Thanks Rkillings I have them in a breeders net this time so my boys can watch them grow if I turned them loose in my tank my angles would eat them I ened up with 8 fry and they are all still doing well.

Tess

mom2reds said:
Thanks Rkillings I have them in a breeders net this time so my boys can watch them grow if I turned them loose in my tank my angles would eat them I ened up with 8 fry and they are all still doing well.

Tess

I am glad you still have some. I agree, the Angels would decimate them.

I will worn you, once the population gets going, it's a non-stop situation with having fry in the tank.

I have fry of all different ages in my tank ATM. Honestly, it's GREAT.

Hope all continues to go well.

Randy

I am thinking of giving the angles away to a freind even though they are beautiful, and keeping more guppies I love the colors I also have in my 100 gal. tank
5 red sarpe tetras
6 long finned rosey barbs
6 neon tetras
2 lemon tetras
1 clownloach
1flying fox
5 zebra danios
3 emerald green croy cats
2 angles
3 mollies
3 male guppies
2 female guppies
Besides the angles do you see any problems with the other fish and the guppies

Thanks tess

Every fish that are not herbavors (sp?) will go after them. You just need to make sure there are places for the fry to hide and before you know it, you will have plenty.

I LOVE to use Java moss or any kind of moss really. It contains benefical foods for the fry and a GREAT hidding place.

Back
Top Bottom