First baby ever

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I set up my 20g up again last aug, pretty much a novice I had it running in the past but did everything wrong this time I have been doing my research following advice by fabulous people on here and everything has been dealt with as soon as it arises.

Well today after I did my pwc and pruning the wisteria, I was staring at my tank to make sure the new planted sprouts were going to stay put and I saw this teensy tiny baby. He was so little and cute with his tiny little black eyes. I only have 4 neons 3 glowlights and 3 ottos so I am assuming it is a tetra but will it be a neon or a glowlight I do not know. Last week I watched two of my neons swim around attached side by side for two hours which I thought was odd behaviour, before I could get my breeding net set up to add to the tank I lost sight of the marvellous new wonder, I really hope he found a hiding spot and did not get eaten. I am beyond excited but I am trying to tell myself he got eaten so I won't be to disappointed when he doesn't get big lol

Well that is my new news it is a pleasant surprise after my aquarium just being sick and losing the kids fav the betta.

YAY for breeding tetras :)

If I get a chance I will definitely take a picture. I haven't seen him since. After reading other forums I crushed the flakes this morning so they will be easier to eat. Fingers crossed that he is hiding and hasn't become a tasty snack, I looked for pictures of tetra fry last night and the closest one I could find to what I saw was a week old mine is definitely not that old yet.

I am pretty excited but this is beyond my experience, I talked to my mom last night and in all her years she has never had tetras. I thought I should put the breeding net in but after reading I don't think that is the greatest idea, I am so overwhelmed I am just going to keep my lighting schedule the same and I will crush flakes every morning instead of every other day and drop the algae tablets every night for the ottos.

Back
Top Bottom