Fish fry at my house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zic

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone. I just joined up and thought I'd share a little story. I have a tank with, among other things, two Black Mollies. I was holding my little girl in front of the tank (her favorite) and had just fed the fish. To my surprise, there were a few small fry swimming around. I called out to my girlfriend, who was in the next room, "Melissa!"

She didn't awnser.

"Melissa?"

no answer

"MELISSA!!??!!??"

My baby started crying. I felt so bad. Here I was all excited about my fish breeding and I scared my little girl. The fish tank in her room was supposed to calm her down, not upset her!

Hey Zic

Well the unexpected shock of joy can be taken in different ways,
Sometimes my girlfriend thinks I'm mad at her when I'm not mad at all. lol
I get a chuckle from it all the time.

How old is the little one?
Its a really smart idea puttng a tank in her room. It introduces her to science at an early age.

Cheers! :D

She was three months old on Monday. She was born Christmas Eve and we set the tank in her room up at the beginning of December. We think it will be a good learning tool for her, as well as something relaxing for me and her mother to look at when we're up in the middle of the night feeding her. I sit on my knees and hold her in front of me and she relaxes and watches the fish swim back and forth, she loves it! :D

WELCOME ZIC!!!!!

I have read that fish can be a benifit to a developing child as it allows them to focus and track the movment of the fish.

That 1 moment of fear will be far surpassed by years of pleasure from both you and your little girl.

:)

Please post photos of the fish and the girl :)

It may take a while to get pictues of the fish, as I have no digital camera, but I could do this sometime in the next week or so.

Hey Zic,

Welcome. I also have a little girl 3 months old and she just loves my fish, especially a very large yellow/gold Parrot in my 130G. When she gets irritated and starts shouting and things my wife props he in her pram in front of the tank, calms her down no end. I was thinking of putting my 10G Q tank in her room, but putting some goldfish in for her. She seems to like the colours more, as in my 90G I have some Heckel Red Discus and when she lies on the floor in the lounge she sits and watches the Discus with some interest. They love it. She sometimes just sits and has huge conversations with the fish.

PS It is always a nice surprise to unexpected young fry :D 8O

We have a ten gallon in her bedroom, near her crib. It acts as a night light, since I have the fish on a night light schedule. They are using Chinese Time and have no idea! :roll:

She has two Zebra Danios, two Platties, two Neon Tetras, one Dwarf African Frog, one Spotted Ralphael and one large blue Betta. She loves watching them. It really calms her down, but she lets me know when she's had enough :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom