Fish getting ready to give birth ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitsladi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
One of my female guppys was at the bottom if the tank in one spot an had what looked like white poop? Coming out is this a sign it will be soon? She's back at the top now

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's hard to tell exactly when your guppies will give birth! I have two that are also pregnant, all of my research has gone to show that they will isolate themselves or stay near the heater or the bottom of the tank when there in leighbour, also if you don't want your guppies to eat the babies you should have hiding spots for them when there born :)

We have rocks with holes an some big plants

That's great! I have a tree with an opening that they can hide in I was also thinking of getting a castle because they can get eaten very easily by there mom! I'll show u a picture of my treeImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416343142.014430.jpg

Those platys look pregnant

Yeah I'm not even sure if they are or not I'm pretty sure the red one is because I have a male in there but the yellow one is a molly, I need to get like a castle or something for all the babies to hide in because I don't have enough places, but I'm like positive my female guppies are pregnant

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416407594.675096.jpg there's a better picture of the two let me know what you think

Well you just gotta wait and youll see

For fry you want DENSE plants to hide in. Java Moss, Guppy Grass or thick fake plants. Castles or caves don't work.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For fry you want DENSE plants to hide in. Java Moss, Guppy Grass or thick fake plants. Castles or caves don't work.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have these two would they work? And i also have the 3 way breeder

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416473295.821941.jpg

The Purple thing might work. I'm not a huge fan of breeder boxes as I think it stresses the female. But many people like them.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I also have the three way breader, I just don't know when to tell if there going to give birth so I'm keeping my pregnant guppy in it for now because I don't have much for them to hide in when there born

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416599515.417258.jpg
This is how I have my 55 gallon stocked with plants and hiding places for the fry. I used to use the plastic breeder boxes but it's hard to tell exactly when they will give birth and it is also a lot of work. I have resulted to this set up and hope the fry have plenty of room to hide and survive.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416667713.681200.jpg this is how I have my 35 gallon I have quit a bit of fake plants that I could tighten together closer to when there ready to give birth

Back
Top Bottom