Fish Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
new fish coming friday and i have finally finished the fry rack which will hold upto 9 fry tanks. i will post pics over the weekend if my computer will let me that is .

just need few more fry tanks and heaters ect.. its looking good people .

once im sorted out i will be doing a weekly series on the growth on the fry and showing you guys my system and all that good stuff.

keep an eye on this thread :) :thanks:

on my fry tanks ill be running a sponge filter in each tank . i have 9 fry tanks . and 6 20g long breeding tanks . the breeding tanks have a diffrent filter system which is run by a sump type system

on my fry tanks ill be running a sponge filter in each tank . i have 9 fry tanks . and 6 20g long breeding tanks . the breeding tanks have a diffrent filter system which is run by a sump type system
ueah that's what I wanna see the sump system I just set up my discus breeding tank with a built in sump on the back half of the tank love it! I got a thread started in breeding section called joeys new tank setup breeding discus check out the video for me and give me some advice??? Found the video

to be honest i just let them get on with it . yeah i used 80% RO - 20% treated tap water.

did water changs every other day. once they had fry i would move them after about 10-14 days and did 3 feedings a day and daily 60% water changes .

to be honest i just let them get on with it . yeah i used 80% RO - 20% treated tap water. did water changs every other day. once they had fry i would move them after about 10-14 days and did 3 feedings a day and daily 60% water changes .
yeah I'm gunna start them in RO just to match the water they are coming from then over couple months going to acclimate them into hard water but that won't be happening until the eggs are fertile.

Nice filtration system, I see you have tiles on the bottom of the tank and I remember in an aquarium store all the discus tanks they had tiles on the bottom, does anyone know why is that ? ( clay tiles )

yeah sounds ok . im no expert when it comes to discus but i think in harder water as many eggs wont get fertilised. thats why people use RO water as its alot softer and its easier for the sperm to fertilise the eggs and decreases in harder water . thats what ive read and been told by breeders anyways . i applied this to breeding angel;fish and i had alot higher hatch rate when i used ro water instead of treated tap water .

yeah sounds ok . im no expert when it comes to discus but i think in harder water as many eggs wont get fertilised. thats why people use RO water as its alot softer and its easier for the sperm to fertilise the eggs and decreases in harder water . thats what ive read and been told by breeders anyways . i applied this to breeding angel;fish and i had alot higher hatch rate when i used ro water instead of treated tap water .
yeah that's my plan is to get one lot of eggs off of them and then change to hard water :)

Back
Top Bottom