Fish to breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeDaniels

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone knows of a fish that I can breed, I have already spoken to a fair few people about taking these fish and also a local fish store buy your bred fish :) so anyway back to the topic in hand I would like to know if it's possible to breed a fish easily in a large community tank and put the young in a breeder box if so what species. I am going away in four to 5 months training and want to get as much done before I go away as possible so I have a large knowledge when I come back :) the fish I don't want to breed are stuff like guppies and mollies as the dont interest me. Thankyou :)

Kribensis are easy to to breed have a look at my pics to see mine that have breed with no help from me.

Attachments

• image-3821850872.jpg
    image-3821850872.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1858924848.jpg
    image-1858924848.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3230847300.jpg
    image-3230847300.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image-2963985653.jpg
    image-2963985653.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 90
I had a groupe of one male and two females and gave them plenty of caves or little hideouts and quite quickly I had a pair and I'd say all in all about 2 months from pairing up to having little babies

I am a new fish tank owner! I have nine snails!! I love em! I am getting some fancy guppies. They are so cute! :D plus they are easy to tell the gender! I have been researching them all day!

rain87 said:
What is your reason for wanting to breed fish?

Because I want to get as much knowledge about breeding and fish keeping as I can before I go away for training so when I come back I can have a large variety of tanks :)

It's really up to you what you decide to breed. Figure out what you are going to do with the fry, and what kind of fish you like. Figure out how many tanks you are working with, and go from there.

If you are just doing a single community tank your options are going to be limited, but there are still some that might work.

Guppies will proliferate at an immense rate. Kribs and Rams are somewhat challenging. Kribs and Rams also both rear their fry (although might eat them all at first because hey, parenting takes practise)

Back
Top Bottom