fish wont breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

USMCfishcrzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 6 kribs 3 German blue rams and a pair of platies. I had 6 platies but seeing as how no fish were breeding I decided to remove some fish. I have several cave like areas in a 125g tank along with some angels and gourami. So I was just wondering wat conditions I'm n.it doing right

I have 6 kribs 3 German blue rams and a pair of platies. I had 6 platies but seeing as how no fish were breeding I decided to remove some fish. I have several cave like areas in a 125g tank along with some angels and gourami. So I was just wondering wat conditions I'm n.it doing right

Mine just do it. :D LOL

The Rams should be going crazy under those conditions! My question is do you for sure you have a m/f and do you have small, flat, smooth stones for them to spawn on?

The Kribs on the other hand may find the water a bit too warm for their liking.

See with the rams I looked at how to tell and I know I have a female but the other two rams I'm not sure one doesn't even have the black spot at all and the other doesn't have the blue shinning in the black spot but does have black on the fin

Just make sure there's more females then males. They are tough to breed but if you get a pair from the lfs it's a lot easier. The rosy belly may mean pregnancy. Do you have any flat surfaces in your tank? I put plant pots in mine. They work really well.

Just make sure there's more females then males. They are tough to breed but if you get a pair from the lfs it's a lot easier. The rosy belly may mean pregnancy. Do you have any flat surfaces in your tank? I put plant pots in mine. They work really well.

The females always have a pink hue in the belly as they get closer to spawning it gets more intense. Rams also pair bond, so adding more females won't really help.

img_1322153_0_fb0be75fdcfcb760e75e0a67b46ba513.jpg
img_1322153_1_7eb7ecdd826a824eb67db3f8432dbb14.jpg
img_1322153_2_8c2ce07a0b898490c38c61ef52898b51.jpg
img_1322153_3_79d90b291ee08112f07d5728b1c2ce1c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom