Found fry in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobbym9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I did my weekly water change yesterday and when I cleaned my canister filter I found 2 Platy fry. I also noticed a lot of extremely small creatures moving around in the bottom of the filter.
Not knowing what they are I put them in my 10 gallon to get a better look. They seem to run around more than swim. I'm wondering if they could be fry or something else? Any ideas?
If they are fry they would either be zebra danio, Cory catfish or Harlequin Rasbora.

I did my weekly water change yesterday and when I cleaned my canister filter I found 2 Platy fry. I also noticed a lot of extremely small creatures moving around in the bottom of the filter.
Not knowing what they are I put them in my 10 gallon to get a better look. They seem to run around more than swim. I'm wondering if they could be fry or something else? Any ideas?
If they are fry they would either be zebra danio, Cory catfish or Harlequin Rasbora.

I would try and stay away from cleaning your filter and doing water change at the same time try and leave atleast a day between :) my guess is that the fry are fry and the crawling things are mosquito larvae/blood worms grown up a bit. This is if you have fed live bloodworms lately in the last couple of days if not it could be some other live food gone a bit passed its larvae stage. Do you feed any live foods???

I have not fed any live foods. I do have live plants though. I recently added corkscrew val...maybe there was something on that?
I will make sure to clean my tank and filter at separate times from now on. Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom