Found Guppy Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inno

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found a couple guppy fry in may tank a little bit ago. I can not find anymore and I have been watching for mins and no other fry have came out of either of my two preg females. They still look preg, eating and very active. How long until they are skinny again, and how long do they give birth?

I can't tell you how long they have babies for and I've been reading so much lately. Sorry! I can't keep my fish straight. LOL. But, I just found fry in my tank last week - still don't know what kind they are. I just kept watching the tank and I pulled fry out for probably 3-4 days. I lost a couple. I ended up with 13. I mostly found them at the bottom of the tank near the gravel by the back wall, a few in the bottom corners hiding behind plants and decor, and a couple at the top of the water. Watch those places. Some were brave and would swim out into the middle and I'd nab them. Little buggers are hard to see.

I cant find them now and as far as I can tell they have not had anymore. They sure look pregnant still tho, with dark gravid spots. Getting chased around by the males. lol.

EDIT----
My dwarf frog is trying so hard to catch them. It is crazy how they are born and already know to swim like hell when things try and eat them. Pretty neat.

i've read stories about hours and days. also read hold sperm and repregnate themselves. I dont want to give bad info though as i'm no expert and that is just things i have read. Hopefully someone with knowledge will be nice and come answer you best.

This morning I turned on the hood and noticed one of the females "which I know now is the mother" has lost her gravid spot and is chillin on the bottom of the tank. She is not eating and she has white lips? Not fungus or anything they are just white, almost like painted.

This morning I turned on the hood and noticed one of the females "which I know now is the mother" has lost her gravid spot and is chillin on the bottom of the tank. She is not eating and she has white lips? Not fungus or anything they are just white, almost like painted.

My guppy looked like that last night, but there were no fry (I know cuz she was in the breeder) and she died this morning :(

Are you sure it isn't fungus?Fungus starts out like just a smear of paint.Anyway,I don't know much about fungus.I'm sure you will find an expert on this site.Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom