Free swimming angelfish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFish87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys my angelfish fry went free swimming today any helpful tips would be great I have around 40-50 fry how many of them will survive ?

Thanks

I have had them before mine love baby brine shrimp I used to hatch them and about 50 survived out of about 100 but the filter is the biggest issue there not good at fighting the current and so I used a bubble filter and some angel fish are great parents so if you have the adults with them then they should do the work for you but don't go and put them back in with the fry because then they won't remember and eat them o and congratulations on the fry your almost there I put mine in a ten gallon tank then moved them to two 30 gallons

Nice fish you got there . Mine are in there own tank now with a sponge filter and heater . The breeding pair are cleaning the cone again now so maybe getting ready for another spawn ?

A healthy rate for angelfish spawn are once a month but that's for bigger spawns but your small spawn was them just training but I would try testing there parental instincts too

There a large pair my male is nearly 5" and female bit smaller . There was a lot more wriggles but disappeared . Any ideas

Any other fish in the tank. Lol mine are lying eggs now that's funny so now were both raising them

No they should be fine but if there at the free swimming stage there probably just grazing but there should be a bit of wiggling

Back
Top Bottom