freshwater rays worried about bubble sickness, advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amazonfelix

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I have been unsuccessfully trying to breed my black diamond rays. Litters of two or three are born and will seem alright for about two weeks and then lose some color, start to curl and die. My buddy is insisting that it could be bubble sickness, possibly due to a leak or to backwashing.
I have a large setup. It's a 2000 gallon system consisting of three large oval concrete tanks, 2.5 feet deep, connected to a small hatchery consisting of 50 gal tanks. fresh water source is well water. 2 5hp submersible pumps which feed into sand filters then degassing towers. i have tons of aeration/bubblers throughout and a bio ball filter before the pump.
parameters as of this morning are ammonia 0.25 nitrite 0 nitrate 5 PH 8.4 Temp 82.3
I tested the TGP and have seen it up to 95.4 %O2 and residual 103.7 %TGP in the concrete tanks.
I separate the baby rays from the adults into floating baskets when i find them. i have also tried moving them to their own hatchery tank as well but same results. I have tried feeding finely chopped earthworms, tubiflex worms and finely chopped fish but they seem iffy about eating.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom