Fry ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenda26910

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have guppy fry that are about 1 month old in a 3 gallon tank. Two of my swordtails had fry between last yesterday and today. If I add the 9 new fry to my guppy fry will the older ones eat the newborns?

You could add them but the tank size is really to small. I would suggest spending 12 bucks on 10g and moving everything to it. That way you at least have some room for grow out

You could add them but the tank size is really to small. I would suggest spending 12 bucks on 10g and moving everything to it. That way you at least have some room for grow out
You could add them no problem. I breed guppies and there's no way their mouths are big enough. I agree with phishfriend though, you need a bigger tank....

through personal experiences, i have a fry tank range anywhere from newborn to 4 months. the older fries does not even notice the newborn. but on the lookout when older fries begin to bully the younger fries. that is when you will need to move the older fries.

Back
Top Bottom