fry care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryeseen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just posted the same thing in the wrong place..... so try again... lol I have 2 fry I saved I don't know if they are mollies or platy but just want to know what are the best things I can do.for them and how long tell they can be moved back in the main tank?
Thank you

Hello-

If you can, catch them with a net and separate them. If you found two, there will likely be more so keep an eye out. If you don't have a separate tank or floating container, you will want to make sure there are hiding spots for the fry so that they have less of a change of being eaten by the parents (or other fish in the tank). Mosses and bushy plants will work well. I would let some fake plants float on the surface, because fry usually like to hide there. As for food, crushed up (into a powder) flakes will be fine. If you do separate them, I would wait until they are at least .75 inch in size so that they other fish will probably not eat them.

Thank you. I did separate them and still looking. When I saw the first one all the other dish in the tank.where all over on one side. So I think most got eatin up right away...

I lost all but three of my fancy guppies,The other day when I came home from work I found my circulating hatchery floating in the tank the lid was on and there was one male guppy in with the fry. Now I check every day to make sure its on the side.

Back
Top Bottom