Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

fry care

So I just posted the same thing in the wrong place..... so try again... lol I have 2 fry I saved I don't know if they are mollies or platy but just want to know what are the best things I can do.for them and how long tell they can be moved back in the main tank?
Thank you

Old 03-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hello-

If you can, catch them with a net and separate them. If you found two, there will likely be more so keep an eye out. If you don't have a separate tank or floating container, you will want to make sure there are hiding spots for the fry so that they have less of a change of being eaten by the parents (or other fish in the tank). Mosses and bushy plants will work well. I would let some fake plants float on the surface, because fry usually like to hide there. As for food, crushed up (into a powder) flakes will be fine. If you do separate them, I would wait until they are at least .75 inch in size so that they other fish will probably not eat them.

maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thank you. I did separate them and still looking. When I saw the first one all the other dish in the tank.where all over on one side. So I think most got eatin up right away...
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I lost all but three of my fancy guppies,The other day when I came home from work I found my circulating hatchery floating in the tank the lid was on and there was one male guppy in with the fry. Now I check every day to make sure its on the side.

Tags
fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com