Fry Care Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlbinoShark53

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so, my platy gave birth last night while I was gone and when I got back, half of her fry were eaten by my danios but I managed to save 9. She was in bad condition but is doing better this morning. However, 3 survived the night in the breeding net I have hanging in the tank. I would to keep as many alive as I can so I have a couple questions about taking care of them.
•What is a good temperature to keep them in?
•should I keep them in the breeding net or put them in a separate container?
•how much light should they be exposed to?
•how/when/what do I feed them?

If there is any other important info I need please include it! Thanks :)

Sent using Messenger Pigeon

For tempature, 78 to 82 degrees is a good temp. One thing you shouldnt do is adjust the temp after the fry are already born. How ever the tank is when there born, keep it that way. I keep mine in a net but u can do either or. Feed them crused(very fine) fish food or baby brine shrimp. Feed then 3 times a day. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For tempature, 78 to 82 degrees is a good temp. One thing you shouldnt do is adjust the temp after the fry are already born. How ever the tank is when there born, keep it that way. I keep mine in a net but u can do either or. Feed them crused(very fine) fish food or baby brine shrimp. Feed then 3 times a day. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you

Is it possible for a pregnant fish to break bones after giving birth?

Back
Top Bottom