Fry help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooleo589

Aquarium Advice Regular
My molly had fry about a week ago and just over the last few days I have noticed 5 dead. Is it normal to loose this many in a short period of time? I change some of the water everyday and they seem pretty healthy but now I don't know. Please help!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Are they in a breeder net, how often do you feed them. Dont do water changes everyday its to stressful. Do them wvery 3 days

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They aren't in a breeder net. They are in a pretty small tank by themselves. I feed them twice a day

Ok. Feed them 3 times a day and do the water changes ever 2-3 days

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No I never had a chance to cycle it because I didn't know they were going to be born and I wanted to save them

I would do water changes everyday. They are in what looks like a large jar or vase (from one of your other threads). No heater, no filter. They may have died from ammonia poisoning. They might be better off in a breeder net in the main tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They have a heater but no filter and I do clean most of the water everyday. I bought a 10 gallon today for my adult fish that is cycling right now. When I move my adults to that one my tank that I have had set up for a few month will become the nursery tank

Can you move the filter from the 3 gallon to the 10 gallon? It would certainly help get the cycle started.

Of I did that my 3 gallon would have no filter. While I was changing the water just a bit ago I did that but I had to put it back. Since I have no ammonia I have been putting food in the water and letting it stay there

Just so we are clear, the 3g has the adult mollies and a filter, the 10g has no fish and no filter, and the container has the fry and a heater...correct?
If this is the case, it is pointless adding flakes to the 10g. Even if a filter was in there it will still a month to establish the BB in the 10g.
I would move the adult mollies and filter from the 3g to the 10g and move the fry from the container to the 3g.
I commented the same thing on your other thread: New tank. Not sure what to do

Tree - I know. Just trying to triage the situation. Hard to follow multiple threads of essentially the same topic with bits and piece of info spread out.

Back
Top Bottom