Fry Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
R

Rudy_627

ok i ahve about 2-3 fy left from my molly and she has been hiding ever since she had the fry but the other mollies go up to where my fry are hiding so i have to get in there quick and shoo them away with the net

what do i do to keep them alive cause she had them when i was at school

so any ideas of what to do to keep them alive and no i do not have a breeder net for them and plus if i did have a breeder net how would i get the fry in the net? cause my dad said that it would be very difficult to get them in there cause they dart around so fast!!!

i want them to live but i do agree with my dad cause he said that mollies are WORSE that bunnies cause they have so many babies it is incredible

but i want my first batch to live

any ideas?

TIA

Breeder net is the best thing. I agree, it may be too late to try to catch the fry and put them in the net this time, but for next time, the way you do it is you put the mother fish in the net *before* she has the babies, so that when she has the babies they stay in the breeder net and then right after she has babies you take the mom out and put her back in the main tank.

As for your situation right now, I think your best option is to give your fry as many hiding places as possible. Floating plants (live ones, or even plastic ones would work) probably will give them the best chance to live.

i DO have a plastic plant at the top of my tank its floating and it is in a circle so that way the babies do weave inside it and they live in there

gotta go

Back
Top Bottom