fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My sunset platy FINALLY dropped her fry. Feels like she was pregnant forever. Anyway, there were 8 that made it in the community tank before I moved the platies to the new tank.

3 days old. So cute!

Congratulation!!! I felt like my female guppy would just explode for almost a week. As soon as I would do a WC, I could time the drop. It gets really exciting when you can guesstimate it!

One of my honey gourami fry! Love how they are developing their wee feelers (anyone know what you officially call them?)

image-1950710300.jpg

Very Nice looking fry! I haven't decided on which of the gourami I like best yet.

This is the male!

image-1415285989.jpg

Pic doesn't do him justice, when he is in the mood he is bright red with a lovely bright yellow top fin and then the black stripe! Hoping his colour has passed to at least one fry!

This is the male!

Pic doesn't do him justice, when he is in the mood he is bright red with a lovely bright yellow top fin and then the black stripe! Hoping his colour has passed to at least one fry!

Very handsome! How many fry do you have?

Very handsome! How many fry do you have?

Well due to it being unexpected because there was fry the first night I got the pair I lost quite a lot of eggs in the filter so I think around 10 at the moment. A good number to start with and will try breed the two again after I have raised this first lot. It's exciting and I have no idea how long gourami take to grow and show colour either.

I had the same thing happen with my first batch of angel fry!!! I threw a different female who was close to spawning in with the male and they paired so fast he missed 75% of the eggs... i have 8 middle finger nail sized fry now!! Would have more but my filter sicked a few up and the starved in the small resevoir as its just a small air run. I have fixed the problem now tho.

Well due to it being unexpected because there was fry the first night I got the pair I lost quite a lot of eggs in the filter so I think around 10 at the moment. A good number to start with and will try breed the two again after I have raised this first lot. It's exciting and I have no idea how long gourami take to grow and show colour either.

We would have to keep in touch if your interested, but I would like to buy a male or two out o your next batch.

We would have to keep in touch if your interested, but I would like to buy a male or two out o your next batch.

Where are you? I'm in the uk. This is my first attempt at raising egg layer fry as it was always live bearers before. If I am successful and the gourami get the males coloration I will definitely be attempting to breed them again. The guy I got him from basically begged me to take him to breed as he didnt have the time or space to do it. Couldn't resist as he was stunning. Will keep this thread posted as they grow!

And I won't make the same mistake again regards to the filter and my two gourami lay ALOT of eggs so should have a big batch next time. :)

Where are you? I'm in the uk. This is my first attempt at raising egg layer fry as it was always live bearers before. If I am successful and the gourami get the males coloration I will definitely be attempting to breed them again. The guy I got him from basically begged me to take him to breed as he didnt have the time or space to do it. Couldn't resist as he was stunning. Will keep this thread posted as they grow!

And I won't make the same mistake again regards to the filter and my two gourami lay ALOT of eggs so should have a big batch next time. :)

I'm in the US. Ill have to just look around for some good liking gourami. Would love to see pictures of your fry and watch them grow though.

I've been breeding guppies for about 5 months now and am moving intro eggs. Thinking about tryin my hand at sparkling gourami, honey gourami and tiger barbs. Not all at once though.

I will have updated pictures of my guppy fry tonight. Will be moving my youngest and last batch of fry into the fry tank and my oldest batch out of the fry tank and into the main tank.

i use my ipod but tht is ery smart i will try tht

Actually just took some pictures first one is the first male out of my oldest batch! Really hoping the yellow stays in the tail! The second pic is the youngest batch in the breeder box. Third pic is the rest of the oldest batch

Attachments

• image-866589011.jpg
    image-866589011.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 45
  • image-2431037949.jpg
    image-2431037949.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-2928466395.jpg
    image-2928466395.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 46
Actually just took some pictures first one is the first male out of my oldest batch! Really hoping the yellow stays in the tail! The second pic is the youngest batch in the breeder box. Third pic is the rest of the oldest batch

im sure it will my young males have a yellow tail with black spots an a orange strip on thier body and a blue spot on thier body as well

im sure it will my young males have a yellow tail with black spots an a orange strip on thier body and a blue spot on thier body as well

I don't know where the yellow came from though. If it does stay I think having silver, black/blue and a hint of yellow would be a pretty cool looking fish. None of the fry tales have taking shape after the dad. Looks like they are all taking after the mom.

If its possible I would love to see a better picture of your honey gourami?

Young male guppies tails and fins keep changing and growing for a while. By 6 months they have usually settled into adult form.

Young male guppies tails and fins keep changing and growing for a while. By 6 months they have usually settled into adult form.

Ok. I thought the tails formed around 2-3 months like everything else. Lol I'm going to run out of room here soon if I don't find someone to take these guys! Started transfering the rest of my first batch and getting ready to move second batch into the fry tank

Back
Top Bottom