fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well 2 of my cichlids just spit now I have about 50 baby Kenni cichlids. There so much smaller than the fuelleborni where. Wow theese things just don't stop.

My peppermint platys just started giving birth!!! :) got ten fry so far! Excited!

Attachments

• image-1305967565.jpg
    image-1305967565.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image-349678849.jpg
    image-349678849.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 80
It's been a while so I thought I'd update. My oldest fry (6 of them) are now in the main tank and doing great! They are getting bigger and getting more color every week. The males are producing a silver, black/blue and yellow for the colors. The females are just silver and black/blue.

The youngest batch(14) are in the 1 gal. and are happy and healthy. These guys seem to have taken more after the dad then the mom. The tails are squares rather then round. The older batch have rounded tails like the mother.

Here's a picture of the younger batch, I will get a pic of the older guys soon.

Attachments

• image-1243528120.jpg
    image-1243528120.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2531216473.jpg
    image-2531216473.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 73
Just found a new batch of 10 guppies from my 2 month olds : ) zoo tiny.. and a week or so ago I found a loner Dalmatian molly

Here are the older fry! They like to hang out with dad. Also have a picture of my favorite out of the batch.

Attachments

• image-3103253898.jpg
    image-3103253898.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1177402496.jpg
    image-1177402496.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 56
I now have 20 new baby yuppies.. two batches of 5 a day apart and one batch of 10 a week younger than the first two batches... :) can't wait to find out their colors.. batch of 5 from deceased mommy is orange and black spotted mostly.. only one is teal

I have no new fry but all my fry I have now are doing wonderful! First batch is moving on to 3 or months and the second batch is moving into 2 or 3 months.

My first batch of red platys are now 3 months old. I only kept 3 out of 25 nd the rest went to the pet store. Though I think they said they were going to use them as feeders.. but oh well. Kept all 7 of my guppies but now that I am getting more of a variety of color I will be switching out the females and maybe adding new males... especially with the 20 new guppies that I just got I'll have plenty of options

Hi

I also have some pregnant platies, I have a fluval edge tank 46litre am struggling to keep my fry alive dad has taken a shine to eating them.
Would my pregnant platy be ok in a small unfiltered tank to give birth then put back in main tank?
Also any suggestions on how old they need to be before being reintroduced to main tank?

Depending on what other types of fish you have you shouldn't have to wait more than a month or two to reintroduce.. just make sure that they are not small enough to be eaten by any of your other fish in the tank and they should be fine

im getting a swordtail to breed with my Mickey Mouse Platy soon, last time I bred my platies, there were 28 of them (from what I counted) they all grew to 2 weeks and then I put 25 in my aunties Betta bowl for feeding, sounds harsh, but in nature they wouldn't survive anyway, 2 of the ones I kept died and the other one is the one I want to breed with a swordtail. in my other tank, my mother fish has just died after 2 and a bit years of life, it happened about 20 minutes ago, her last surviving fry is alone now :(

im getting a swordtail to breed with my Mickey Mouse Platy soon, last time I bred my platies, there were 28 of them (from what I counted) they all grew to 2 weeks and then I put 25 in my aunties Betta bowl for feeding, sounds harsh, but in nature they wouldn't survive anyway, 2 of the ones I kept died and the other one is the one I want to breed with a swordtail. in my other tank, my mother fish has just died after 2 and a bit years of life, it happened about 20 minutes ago, her last surviving fry is alone now :(

Sorry about your loss.. what color swordfish are you going to breed with the Mickey and what color is the mickey? That should make for some awesome babies.!

the Mickey is a pearly white, and Im not entirely sure about the swordtail, hopefully something bright, such as orange, yellow or red, I think Hybrid fry are cool :)

Yesterday I accidentally sucked up one if my youngest fry into an air tube. It doesn't look so hot, probably going to lose it today. On the bright side my new 10gal. Literally set itself up and maintained cycle in 2 days.

im thinking about buying a smal three gallon tank to put my new fry in because i know ill have more i have seven about a month old fry

Back
Top Bottom