fry lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalmation Molly and Black Molly growing up fast.

Dalmation Molly 7.5 weeks
Black Molly 6.5 weeks
Guppy Fry Born today
Swordtail Fry 2.5 weeks

I'll post 3.5 week Guppy Fry in a moment.

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpg
    IMG_3017.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 81
Best I can get of the 3.5 week guppy fry. They just won't be still. They always come out blurry and I have to have it too dark for the camera to snap an action so I don't get a reflection.

Attachments

• IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 77
Best I can get of the 3.5 week guppy fry. They just won't be still. They always come out blurry and I have to have it too dark for the camera to snap an action so I don't get a reflection.

Whoa your guppy fry are black!!SO COOL:D

Thank you. Figured since I had the camera out to take new fry pics, I'd just get updated pics of them all. Although I took the Molly pics a few days ago.

The guppy fry do seem very healthy. None of them are hanging on the bottom of the breeder. Everyone is up and swimming around! Although mom still has a dark gravid spot. For all I know, she may spit out another 30 tomorrow. But, I let her go. She hadn't had any more and seemed really hungry. I let her out and she ran around the tank trying to eat everything. She was starving - and she ate every single day already - even this morning before she gave birth. I watched her and she spit none of it out.

On the 3.5 week guppy fry - the mom was a turquoise (gray with a bluish tale). Dad, I believe is a red tuxedo. They are all two-toned like dad. It will be interesting to see how they color up as they go. They are very cute and growing like weeds. I got 7 of them. That's all she had and I didn't lose any of them. :)

Today I counted between 26 and 29. Hard to say but somewhere between 25-30 is safe. Hard when they won't be still. Mom is a female yellow/green cobra guppy. Don't know who dad is. He's from the LFS so either a male of the same or they had red ones in the same tank, so we'll see. She's still so dark though, I swear she's gonna have 30 more in my tank tonight.

Thats what i have to do except i have 3 batches in one trap so im just going to count them as a whole.. definitely have more platys than guppies.. but i have two different female guppies that gave birth and their gravid spots are still dark.. i think when the platy gave birth it sent out some hormones or somethingvthat sent them to pop. Both female guppies are turquoise.. one is grey with a blueish tail with black spots and the other is more just plain with one spot on her tail and the female platy is a dark orange. They all came pregnant from the lfs so its going to be a surprise what color they turn out

Hey guys my molly just gave birth some of the babies are fat and you can see their heart pumping. Is that bad.

The guy I got them from had ballon mollies in the tank. But the female is a lyre tail.

I have roughly a dozen betta fry that are about a week and a half old. Not quite big enough to get a good picture yet.

Back
Top Bottom